Porto, Portugal, September 16, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – iToorer, a Portuguese developer of global technology solutions for travel connectivity, presents a new product that will revolutionize the way travelers use their smartphones abroad. IToorer’s mobile app, available for iOS and Android, provides users with Unlimited and secure high-performance connectivity shareable with additional devices, free outgoing and inbound international and local calls and essential travel content – all for a low price.
With iToorer’s app, international travelers will no longer have to buy expensive international data plans, pay exorbitant roaming charges, worry about sticker shock due to unintentional data usage, or skip over a valuable vacation searching for local SIM cards or unsecured Wi-Fi hotspots. The app lets travelers stay in touch with friends, family and colleagues – and use all of their web-enabled smartphone apps – in over 100 countries around the world. Travelers all over the world will be able to use their smartphones as they do at home, confident in the cost, safety and reliability of the service.
The app also provides a new revenue stream and communication channel for hotels, airlines, travel management companies, loyalty programs and other travel supplier partners who offer it to their customers. Infinitely customizable, the application displays the partner’s brand and allows direct communication with the customer for information, sales and marketing. Through the app, a supplier can promote a special offer, encourage a future booking, send an alert for changes or disruptions, or let the customer call customer support directly (and free of charge).
This new mobile technology solution is the logical evolution of the legacy iToorer product, which provides similar services to customers and partners through a separate device. By developing an application with a virtual SIM card, the app gives travelers unlimited data for web browsing and international phone calls in over 100 countries while using their own devices and all the apps they have installed. The app is compatible with most models of iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, and Google Pixel devices, with additional devices being added frequently.
IToorer’s new app includes the following exciting features for a low daily cost:
- High performance connectivity. Until now, travelers have had to buy expensive international data plans or pay exorbitant roaming charges when traveling abroad. The new iToorer app provides unlimited high-performance connectivity, so the traveler can check email, attend virtual meetings, post on social media, stream videos – anything that requires an Internet connection via a secure private network.
Unlike the international plans of many carriers, iToorer will guarantee your use of high performance connectivity. And because the app is powered by a virtual SIM card, there is no need to physically replace the SIM card in the user’s smartphone. (iToorer also offers cheaper plans that limit data to 1GB or 500MB per day.)
- Secure Internet access point. The capabilities of the iToorer app are not limited to a single device. The customer can share the data using the wireless access point built into their device. No need to purchase international data plans for other family members – they can all connect through the main device’s hotspot. Or the customer can share the data plan with their own laptop, tablet or other device. Like the data on the main device, the data of the shared hotspot is secure, efficient, and unlimited.
- International and local outgoing calls. International minutes and roaming charges often result in shocking bills once the traveler gets home. Now, by dialing the number in the app, travelers can call home or connect with the office, make dinner reservations, contact local friends, and participate in conference calls without paying a dime extra. Moreover, they can still receive calls on their own number while using iToorer’s data services on the virtual SIM card at the same time.
(Coming soon: a later phase of the app will include the ability to get a local number for incoming calls.)
- Direct sales and communication channel for partners. The iToorer app is available exclusively in a B2B2C model, offered to customers by hotels, airlines, travel management companies, loyalty programs and other vendors. The app extends the partner’s service footprint during the customer’s trip and allows them to communicate with a device in the customer’s pocket. The app is white label and can be personalized to carry the partner brand’s logo, fonts and images, and it offers banners that link to content such as menus, spa services, booking engines , etc. Customers can contact the partner directly with a free one-touch phone call. Notifications can communicate due diligence alerts (news events, schedule changes, weather, strikes, etc.) and serve as a marketing channel for additional revenue opportunities. Depending on the package chosen, the customer will be billed a daily usage rate, or the partner may offer the application as added value. Examples of how a partner can benefit from additional revenue and communication channel of iToorer app:
- Hotel: Promote events, happy hours, F&B discounts, spa services or offers to extend your stay or book a future stay. Direct calls or links to front desk, concierge, in-room dining, restaurants, spa and other services.
- Travel manager: Market additional services such as tours, attraction tickets, restaurant reservations, etc. Reach out to customers instantly to communicate route changes or duty of care notifications. Direct call or link to 24-hour support services.
- Airline company: Communicate flight delays and schedule changes. Direct call to customer service or reservations. Promote upgrades, mileage offers, and hotel and rental car reservations. Offer the app as a benefit to Elite loyalty members and / or premium cabin passengers.
- Loyalty program: Promote concierge services. Offer special opportunities to earn or redeem points. Direct call or link to customer service.
- Car rental: Promote contract extensions, upgrades or additional services. Provide driving directions and a directory of points of interest. Direct connection to roadside assistance or customer service.
- Essential features, travel content and discounts. The iToorer app contains a global, GPS-enabled directory of restaurants, hotels, points of interest and attractions in over 100 countries around the world, all constantly updated with automatic updates. The app is available in 12 languages ââand includes an automatic translator offering even more languages. It helps travelers find ATMs, pharmacies, police stations, transportation hubs, and other essential services, and offers hundreds of discounts and vouchers that travelers can use at restaurants, shops, and restaurants. retail, tours, museums and other attractions.
“This new app is a sleek, all-in-one solution for one of the most frustrating – and costly – problems travelers around the world will face when they get back on the road after the pandemic: costs exorbitant for international data roaming plans and international phone calls â, explains Diogo Pinto Sousa, iToorer Business Developer.â The launch of the application is perfectly synchronized with the rise of the ‘digital nomad’ lifestyle , allowing employees to stay in touch with colleagues and attend virtual meetings while on the road. “
The price of the app is much lower than the global data plans offered by the major mobile operators. For partners, no initial investment is required and iToorer shares the income generated.
iToorer is an IT group established in 2015 to provide a range of web-based mobile products and services. Based in Ireland, with a main operational base in Porto, Portugal and the United States, the group has successfully developed a personalized mobile device for business and leisure travelers, ensuring the best travel experience while adding more value and competitive advantages to the most demanding customers in the travel and tourism industry. This device has been used by more than 10 million travelers in Europe and North America.
Peter Bates, Founder and President, Strategic Vision Inc.
Diogo Pinto de Sousa, Business Developer, iToorer
This content was posted through the press release distribution service at Newswire.com.
Featured Image for iToorer