Have you made a transfer to the wrong account?
Check how to get money back. It will be much easier thanks to the new regulations. In theory, just contact your bank and the consultants will solve the case for us. They will inform the recipient of the transfer of the necessity of a refund and he is obliged to do it within 30 days. Can something go wrong?
- Incorrect bank transfer? It’s easier to get a refund now
- How to recover money from a transfer to the wrong person in 2019?
- When will we receive a refund of the transfer?
- Can I cancel a transfer to the wrong account?
- Incorrect transfer between your own accounts
- Bank transfer to a non-existent or inactive account – what to do?
- Chargeback – recover money from credit card
- Error in loan installment transfer – how to proceed?
In many banks, we can freely modify pending transactions.
How to cancel a bank transfer in 3 ways:
- In many institutions, canceling transactions is already possible from online banking. Just go to the “pending transfers” tab and click “cancel transfer” and the money will be returned to our account.
- If we do not see pending transfers, it is worth contacting a bank employee as soon as possible who will cancel the transfer for us. Just one phone call to the bank’s hotline.
- The third way to cancel a transfer is to go to a bank branch and employees on the spot will withdraw the transaction.
The procedure for canceling a transfer may vary slightly, depending on the bank. How much does it cost to cancel a transfer? The cost of the service can be found in the fee table of our bank. Some institutions allow you to use this option for free. Withdrawing a transfer will no longer be possible after it has been posted. Then you will need an official complaint to the bank, which we mentioned earlier.
Chargeback, i.e. card payment complaint. This service allows the reimbursement of payments for payments made with a Visa or MasterCard payment card and cash withdrawals at ATMs and bank branches. We can use chargeback if we have not received the product or service purchased online; our card was charged twice for the same transaction; the ATM paid us only part of the money, when the account was debited with the full amount etc.
Depending on the reason for the complaint, the deadline for submission may be 45, 60, 90, 120 and 540 days from the date of the transaction. If the application proves to be justified, the customer will receive a refund within several dozen days. Chargeback does not include cash deposit machines and will not be helpful with incorrect bank transfers.